Use of Personal Information
The OAML is committed to the protection of personal privacy. We do not collect personal information about visitors to our website; nor do we transfer user information to third parties.
Use of Non-personal information
Our site’s operating system may automatically collect and store information about your visit, including, your ISP domain name (e.g., oaml.com) and the IP address of your computer. It may record the browser you are using (e.g., Explorer or Netscape) the type of operating system you use (Windows, Mac, etc.) and the date and time of your visit. The system will also track the pages you visit on our site and the URL of a previous website, if you linked to the OAML site from another site.
This information may be used for statistical purposes to help us track site usage. No personal information is collected.
If you are a subscriber to the OAML’s e-newsletter we will have an e-mail address on record for you. Our newsletter is distributed via permission-based e-mail. If you do not wish to subscribe to this service you may request removal from our subscriber list.
Members of the public will not receive unsolicited information or promotional e-mail from the OAML.
If you link to another site from the OAML site, you will be subject to the privacy policies of that site. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information they may be collecting about you.
You may not download or save any image(s) for any reason.
- We do not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- Any personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act of Canada. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- We use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site.
- We do not regularly use “cookies” to track how our visitors use the site. Whenever we enable “cookies” to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except www.oaml.com personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request.
- If you join a www.oaml.com online discussion group, we may ask you to volunteer personal information such as your name and email address for the purposes of effective administration of the discussion group. In some cases, our groups are limited to member only discussions and as such can not be accessed by the general public. We will notify you as to whether you are joining a closed (limited) or open (public) discussion.